Friday, November 23, 2018

keep on...

Luke 11

“And so I tell you, 

keep on asking, 

and you will receive what you ask for. 

Keep on seeking, 

and you will find. 

Keep on knocking, 

and the door will be opened to you.

10 For everyone who asks, 

receives. 

Everyone who seeks, 

finds. 

And to everyone who knocks, 

the door will be opened.



Just so ya know, this is Jesus talking here.

For the past few years I've thought that the most important words in this often quoted passage are 2 in number...

"keep on..."

I wonder if we focus on what we'll get in these 2 verses rather than what we need to have as a mind set?

Yes, I think Jesus was intentional in telling us what happens if we persevere.

But I wonder if He wanted to communicate just as strongly, or maybe even more strongly, that we should persist, 

that we should endeavor to move forward & not become mired in a specific situation, 

that we should simply keep putting 1 foot in front of the other,

that we should "keep on...".


I don't know if you notice that many times when I comment on someone's writing or work or situation I will use those 2 words - keep on...

That's where that encouragement comes from - these 2 verses & the instruction Jesus Himself gave.

So, I say to you today, keep on...

As I continue to say to myself "keep on..." in the face of overwhelming indications otherwise.

No comments: