Friday, September 27, 2019

who we are & who we should be

Colossians 4

Live wisely among those who are not believers, 

and make the most of every opportunity. 

Let your conversation be gracious and attractive 

so that you will have the right response for everyone.



I don't think these days we "live wisely" as we walk through life surrounded by people who are not followers of Jesus. 

We're too busy with our own lives & ambitions.


I doubt if we "make the most" of any kind of contact we have with non-believers.

We're too distracted with so much of the things that make up our self-absorbed lives.


"Gracious & attractive" are not 2 words the world would associate with Christians.

"Judgemental" or "exclusive" or "intolerant" or "hypocritical" or "rigid" would probably the words that would probably quickly come to their minds.


And I so seldom the "right response" happening.

I spend a lot of time cringing at the things Christians say & do these days.


I often wonder if I would have decided to follow Jesus if I had experienced much of what non-Christians have told me they have endured with Christians these days.

I just don't think I would have.

All the things I was looking for don't seem to exist within the personalities & personas of who Christians seem to be these days.


When did we lose our way? 

When did we quit being people identified as persons who love?

When did our street cred go down the tubes?

No comments: