Thursday, April 23, 2009

just a few verses from this morning...

Just a few verses from my reading this morning...

Psalm 73: 24
You will keep on guiding me with Your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. (dan note: this is dated in my Bible the day after God told me to leave music & start working with House of Grace. Little did I know...)

25 Whom have I in heaven but You? I desire You more than anything on earth.
26 My health may fail, & my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever.
(dan note: this one is dated during a really dark time in my life a few years ago. because of those dark days, I know in a way I'd never know before the truth of the words, "but God remains the strength of my heart..."

28 But as for me, How good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, & I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do.

Romans 12:18b Remember you are just a branch, not the root.
(dan note: I think that's pretty self-explanatory! ;-)

29 For God's gifts & His call can never be withdraw.
(dan note: good to know, in the face of my sinfulness!)

33 Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His ways!

34 For who can know the L
ORD's thoughts?
Who knows enough to give Him advice?
35 And who has given Him so much
that he needs to pay it back?

36 For everything comes from Him and exists by His power and is intended for His glory. All glory to Him forever! Amen.

One of the best decisions I ever have made was at the age of 52 1/2 I started getting up every morning & reading the Bible & listening out for whatever He may have to say to me.

One of the worst decisions I ever have made was waiting until I was 52 1/2 to start getting up every morning, reading the Bible, & listening out for Him. How different would my life have been if I'd started it back in college when He kept telling me to?

No comments: