Tuesday, April 7, 2009

remembering...

Psalm 57:1b I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until this violent storms is past.

I write in my Bible. I underline a lot. I circle words sometime. Rarely I'll write a comment in the margin.

Sometimes I write the date next to a verse, so I'll remember when it really spoke to me. My Bible is littered with dates when something was particularly important to me.

I read Psalm 57 this morning. There's date next to the verse. I remember that time in my life. There was a violent storm in my life at that time.

I remember resting in the gentle strength of our Abba as I just walked through it.

I remember how He just kept me.

I believe it's good to write in Bibles. I'm glad I did that day, so I could remember how God walked so closely through that storm with me.

No comments: