Thursday, December 10, 2009

changed

Romans 12:2 Don't copy the customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.

He's transformed me in the last 2+ years by changing the way I think.

1) Don't cling to your life (Matthew 10:39) - It's amazing how much of my life I grasp, unwilling to let go of. I can't tell you how many times in the last 2 years He gently whispered to me that if I cling to _______ (I can fill that in with LOTS of different things) He won't able able to give the life He dreamed for me eons ago.

2) Don't worry about your life (Matthew 10:25). I used to be a world class worrier. I would worry that I didn't have something to worry about. At least a gajillion times in the last 2 years God has said to me, "don't worry about that - just don't worry about that - I've got it."

3) God both precedes & follows you (Psalm 139:5). Over & over again He continues to say to me, "chill... I'm preparing the way, & mopping up behind you."

4) Sink your roots deep into Him... (Colossians 2:7) I gotta read the BIble every day & listen. I'll dry up & blow away if I don't.

No comments: