Wednesday, December 16, 2009

truth

Colossians 2:7 Let your roots grow down into Him & draw up nourishment from Him, so you will grow in faith, strong & vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all He had done.

This is the 1st of four (4) verses God gave me to get me through 2008 (& 2009, & it looks like 2010)

I thought I was gonna spend a year reading the Word & getting all holy & everything.

Nope.

He gave me 3 more verses, & then started talking to me about establishing a "presence" in downtown Macon.

At the end of 2007, I jauntily said that 2008 must gonna be a doozie of a year, b/c He's given me 4 verses.

Little did I know. ;-)

If you don't know the story of all that's happened in the last 2 years, write me back. I'll be glad to tell you.

Lemme just highlight what this verse means to me.

My "quiet time" life has been at best higgledy-piggledy. In 2003, God literally started waking me up at 5am (now fo th last 2+ years at 4am) to get up & read the Bible & listen out for what He has to say to me.

He ALWAYS has plenty to say to me. ;-)

Here's the deal, spoken as strongly as I can ever say anything...

THE SMARTEST THING I'VE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE IS TO GET UP EVERY MORNING & READ THE BIBLE & LISTEN OUT FOR HIM!!!

And the dumbest thing I've EVER done?!

TO WAIT UNTIL I WAS 52 1/2 YEARS OLD TO DO IT!!!!!!!!

Don't be as dumb as I was. Start reading your Bible EVERYDAY. It will change your life, for the stupendously better, for the rest of your life.

No comments: