Saturday, December 19, 2009

following

Psalm 123:2 We look to the Lord our God for His mercy,
just as servants keep their eyes on their master,
as a slave girl watches her mistress for the slightest signal.


It's interesting how my life has changed these last 2 years.

To understand the change you have to understand that I was a music minister in the Methodist for 27 years. I was running well-oiled ministries that had lots of stuff going, lots of people involved, & lots of impact.

It was like driving an aircraft carrier.

But I was making it happen.

I was doing what I thought God was wanting to me to be & do, along with what the music ministry was supposed to be & do.

My time alone with Him could best be described as higgledy-piggledy.

He started waking me up at 5am in January, 2003. It's crept back to 4am a while back. He talks to me every day now.

These last 2 years, as He's started talking to me about downtown, & then actuating downtown, have been years where He's positioned me into a relationship much like the slave girl, watching for the slightest cue from her mistress.

For all of 2008, in preparation for 2009, & all through 2009, He's whispered to me hundreds of times:
...don't cling to your life
...don't worry about your life
...I am working things out ahead of you & mopping up behind you
...sink your roots deep into Me

So?

I'm slam in the middle of something He's doing, He's making happen, He's charting.
I'm not responsible for the results; He is.
I'm not responsible for the direction; He is.
I'm not responsible for the power that sustains this whole adventure; He is.

I've learned what it's like to be like the servant & slave girl in this verse.

Would I go back to being & doing life like I used to?

Nope.

How does it feel to be in this mode?

Simple.

I recommend it to you.

Wanna know more? Write me back. I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE to chat with you about it.

No comments: