Sunday, September 18, 2011

strong & true

Psalm 33
vs 4 For the word of the Lord holds true, & everything He does is worthy of our trust.

At the beginning of 2010 God gave me 5 short passages to carry with me as I pass through this season of my life. I would have & will lose my ever-lovin' mind if He hadn't.

vs 10 The Lord shatters the plans of the nations & thwarts all their schemes.
vs 11 But the Lord's plans stand firm forever.
     His intentions can never be shaken.

We came to Blairsville with all kinds of ideas as to what we thought we were supposed to be & do. We've come to the point where we're just waiting for Him to show us what to be & do next. Waiting - for me, a hard thing to do - and yes, I know, it's my last name.

vs 16 But the Lord watches over those who fear Him, (dan note: read respect rather than fear)
     those who rely on His unfailing love.

And we hold on to the promises that occur all over the Bible that He knows where we are, what's going on in our life, & is gonna take care of us, one way or another.


I just wonder how people make it who don't read the Bible EVERY DAY & listen out for what He may have to say to them! How did I?

No comments: