Friday, September 30, 2011

thankful

1 Thessalonians 5:18 No matter what happens, always be thankful; for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Yesterday, one of my sons texted me & asked me if I knew why God had sent us to Blairsville.

I said, "I don't know."

I don't understand this season, but I guess that's bc I'm in it. In the last year, it's been hard to accept the mandate of this verse. But I think I'm getting to the point that win, lose, or draw, I believe we're up here bc God wants us here for some reason. I know God guides people to be & do things not bc they so holy, but bc they'll obey Him.

I know plenty of people that God never has asked to do something like what we've done. I'm thankful God's got us on some sort of a somethin'.

I guess it's all about trust.

I'm also thankful for the 5 passages He gave me for this season. I literally would have gone nuts without them.

I've quotes them all so much. If you don't remember them, here they are.
   1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT
   Proverbs 3:5 The Message
   Proverbs 4:25-27 NLT
   Hebrews 10:35-36 NLT
   Isaiah 41:9b-10 NLT

No comments: