Friday, December 21, 2012

loving

1 Corinthians 8:1b While knowledge may make us feel important, it is love that really builds up the church.

2 Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn't really know very much.

3 But the person who loves God is the one God know & cares for.


There was a period of time in high school that I was trying to figure out what was important. Looking back, I see how much it influenced the rest of my life.

I was trying to figure out what were the things that really mattered about our lives, things that define our lives.

Was it wealth? Fame? Lots of education & degrees? Power?

Somewhere along the line, I realized that in the end, what REALLY mattered was that when we are dead i& gone, people will think to themselves, "my life is better because this person was a part of it."

And that decision has shaped the rest of my life.


It's all about love, ladies & gentlemen. It's all about loving people well.

As the decades have passed,I have found nothing that supercedes that basic truth.

It's all about loving people well.

No comments: