Thursday, June 26, 2014

like a child

Mark 10

13 One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them.

        But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.


  14 When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples.

He said to them,

     "Let the children come to me.

     Don't stop them!

     For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.

     15 I assure you, anyone who doesn't have their kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God."


16 Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them.



So, what does it mean to have the faith of a child?

One of my sons, Kevin, said it best.

We were in a meeting once a few years back. We all were sharing stuff from our lives. While this was going on, Kevin was looking on his computer at pictures of his youngest son, who was a preschooler at the time.

(I'm wondering, Kevin, what are you doing?!)

When it was his turn to share, here's something of what he said...


"I was looking at pictures of my son & me. I noticed in all of them, he looking at me.

"He's not looking around. He doesn't know or care where we're going, when we're gonna get there, who's gonna be there when we get there, why we're going where we're going, or how long it takes.

"All he cares about is that he's with me.

"I wanna be more like that again with Jesus.

"When I first became a Christian, all I cared about was being with Jesus. That's all that mattered.

"I didn't care where we were going,when we were gonna get there, who would be there, why we were going, or how long it would take.

"I was just with Jesus.

"Now it seems I need answers to all those questions when Jesus says to me, 'C'mon, let's go...'

"I need to know the who, what, where, when, & how of everything.

"I wanna be more like my son - I just wanna be with Jesus."

No comments: