Wednesday, June 25, 2014

so, continue

So...

     take a new grip with your tired hands

        & stand firm on your shaky legs.

Mark out a straight path for your feet.

Then...

     those who follow you,

        though they are weak & lame,

     will not stumble & fall

     but will become strong.

Hebrews 12:12 & 13



Back in the fall of 2013, I really felt like God was impressing me to accept this as one of the passages to hold on to during 2014...

     ...btw there are 4 passages this year, not one. hmmmmm


The first sentence is so appropriate for me - at 63, tired hands & shaky feet are kinda sorta something ya live with ;-)

I remember feeling like God was speaking to me in a very intimate way in that first sentence.

He knows the tiredness & shakiness that I live with.

It seemed like God was telling me to hitch up my drawers & keep on keeping on.

Why?

Because there's people who follow me who will fall by the wayside if I don't?

Now, excuse me, but there's people following me?

Hmmm...

Are they hiding in the bushes?

Maybe it's my success orientation kicking in, or something like that?

These last 4 years have been such a puzzlement.

I've learned more these last 4 years about servanthood & serving & the realities of both than probably what I've learned about both in the last 15 years.

But who are these people who are following me?

Not sure who they are or where they are.

But God seems to be telling me they're there, & I guess this year I need to hitch up my pants & get on with it, so they can continue to continue,too.

So I keep on.

No comments: