Thursday, September 4, 2014

100 times

Everyone who has given up houses

   or brothers

   or sisters

   or father

   or mother

   or children

   or property,

   for my sake,

will receive a hundred times as much in return

& will have eternal life.



But many who seem to be important now will be the least important then,

     & those who are considered least here will be greatest then.


Matthew 19:29-30



Who besides me needed to be reminded today about those who've given up much for God?

We'll get a hundred times as much in return?

I'm trying to wrap my brain around that...

And does that mean during this lifetime, or later, when we've died & gone to heaven - or both?


I get the second part...

If any of us live more than a few years can see this.

There's a lot of us who think we're all that & a bag of chips (do people still say that?).

But when we get ot heaven we're gonna have a rude awakening as to how important we think we are.


And then we all know people whose lives have incredible influence & impact but they are completely unaware of it.

When they get to heaven, I figure they're going to be pretty surprised.


But that first part, the part about a hundred times, puzzles me.

What do you think about that?

What does that all mean? What was Jesus really saying there?

No comments: