Monday, December 15, 2014

favor

To those who are open to my teaching,

     more understanding will be given.


But to those who are not listening,

     even what they have will be taken away from them.

Mark 4:25



I have a Life Application Bible. Here's what it says about this verse...


It's not what you've got or been gifted with that's important.

It's what you let God do with it that's the most important thing.


How many of us find this true, either what we see going on in the lives of people we know, or in our own lives?

How many of us know people who have all the right giftings & talents, but just never seemed to make a go of it?

And how many of us know people who are just kind of ordinary that God seems to extend huge favor upon?


The longer I live, the more I think it's less & less about giftings & more & more about God's favor.

That's been true in my own life.

And I've seen it played out in others, too.


Just a thought...

No comments: