Monday, December 1, 2014

Kevin's illustration

Matthew 18

1
 About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked,

     "Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?"


  2 Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them.

3 Then he said,

     "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

4 So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.



Every time I read these 4 verses in Matthew 18, I think of my really kool son, Kevin. I've shared before what he shared one time. It still blows my socks off when I think about it.

We were in a meeting together where we were going around the circle of those present & telling where we each were in our lives.

While this is going on, Kevin, who is sitting next to me, is looking through a file of pictures on his computer.

I'm thinkin' - 'What are you doing, dude?!"

When we got around the circle to him, he closed his computer & said this...


"I was looking at picture of my son, Trey" (Trey was a preschooler then.)

"In each of the pictures he's looking at me He's not looking around, he doesn't know where we're going, how long it's gonna take, what we're gonna do when we get there, or even why we're going where we're going. All he cares about is that is with me."

"I used to be like that with God. All I wanted to be was with Him. Now I feel like I need to know the who, what, where, when, & how of everything happening in my life. Like, I deserve to know."

"I wanna be more like Trey in my attitude toward God. I wanna get back to what I used to be.I wanna be just glad to be with Him, & trust Him for the rest."


Yeah...

Think about THAT today....

No comments: