Friday, December 19, 2014

toGod be the Glory

Ok, I wanna tell about something that's happening to me right now. You can draw whatever conclusion(s) you want to.

On this past Sunday, I started getting that tickle in the back of my throat that said I was prolly gonna come down with a head cold, with a sore throat, cough, body aches, tiredness, laryngitis - you know - you've had the same thing too. It's one of those colds that I feel so bad I don't want to knit, read, or watch TV - you know I must be really sick if I don't want to do those!

It just was NOT the week to get sick. We had "Turkey Day" @ the pantry. Our coordinator's sorority has a program when they give out frozen turkeys & meal fixing to lower income people. I didn't want to miss that. Another organization would be giving out food boxes to families of some preschoolers.I needed to be around for that. Plus, this is the week before Christmas, so we know this week is one of the biggest weeks for food donations to the pantry.

Also, our daughter, Hannah is coming to see us & will have a friend of hers visiting with us.

This was NOT a good time to get sick.

I got all the symptoms, with a vengeance. I can't remember when I've been this sick.

Well, it all came to a head yesterday afternoon. I'm completely wiped out. I'd been struggling unsuccessfully to reduce the pain of my sore throat. I completely lost my voice. I sounded like I was coughing up a lung. I made it to 3:45pm, when I told Lynn she needed to either take me home or shoot me.

My throat was so sore I couldn't swallow. Coughing felt apocalyptic. No voice - gone. And I couldn't figure out how to reduce my symptoms.

So, I did the only thing I could do - I called in the cavalry.

I tweeted & FB a message that I needed people to pray for healing. I very, very seldom ask for this level of intercession - like I've done this maybe 3 or 4 times in my life.

I also texted a couple of dozen people who either don't do social media or don't get online very often.

My Twitter & FB friends all said they were praying right then.



By the time I had finished texting some of my friends, I became aware that my sore throat was getting better.



I still cough, but it's not the epic event it been the last couple of days.

I've still got laryngitis, but many might think that's a blessing ;-) LOL

And I just don't feel like crap all the time now.

I'd say I'm at about 75% physically now, but considering I was at -47% yesterday, that's quite an improvement!


Now don't worry, I'm not gonna try & leap tall buildings in a single bound.

But the worst of my symptoms are abating.


I just want to tell all those people who have been praying since yesterday afternoon.

It's always such a weird, humbling, & kool feeling when you actually can feel people praying for you.



And I want to thank God a gajillion times over & praise His Holy Name for this quiet miracle He's working in my life.



I don't want to insinuate that that we have a "venting machine God" - we put in the prayers, He dispenses the miracles.

But I was in a real jam yesterday, & I really needed Him to come through with some healing for me.

And He did, & He is.


Once again, I WANT TO THANK THE DOZENS & DOZENS & DOZENS OF PEOPLE WHO'VE BEEN PRAYING FOR ME TO GET SOME HEALING!!!

Keep it up, I'm not strung out like I was, but I need all my cylinders firing over the next week.

AND THANK YOU, GOD!

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

No comments: