Friday, December 12, 2014

no matter what

I will never leave you or forsake you. Hebrews 13:5b



Sometimes I think it was a miracle I graduated from college.

For those 5 years,it was such a spiritual, emotional, & social struggle for me as I started dealing with my issues, hangups, or "stuff".

I distinctly remember in my freshman year when I was struggling with a bunch of issues, I went down to the prayer room on the second floor of the music building.

(I went to Asbury College - now a University - a Christian college in central KY, so we had prayer spaces around the campus.)

I don't remember what I was struggling with - it could have been any of a gajillion things ;-)


What I DO remember was that while I was praying & thinking, this thought dropped into my head...

     "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee, thus saith the Lord God of hosts."


(Remember that the King James version of the Bible was still the universally used one ;-) )


I was my first experience of God speaking to me - it wasn't an audible voice - I probably would have died if I'd heard an audible voice. LOL

But this as a very distinct voice inside my head that I heard - it was a very definite strong thought that was dropped into my thinking.

You see, I'd never heard those words before, that I could recall, nor had I ever read them anywhere, as far as I can ascertain.



You can imagine how I felt & what went through my mind when somewhere during that freshman year at Asbury I finally did read them in Hebrews 13.



And so I have carried them around inside of me ever since - a kind of landmark in my life & connection with God - some might call it my "life verse".

In any event, it has been a truth that I've held on to through a lot of bad times, as well as good ones.


And I still do...


I know He will never leave me, or forsake me...

     ...He hasn't, & He won't...

   ...no matter what.


No comments: