Tuesday, March 17, 2015

our job

1 Corinthians 8

1b ...while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church.

2 Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn't really know very much.

3
 But the person who loves God is the one whom God recognizes.


In the last few months, I've seen a thought process appear more & more often...

"It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict.

"It is Jesus' job to redeem.

"It is God the Father's job to judge.

"And it is our job to love."


An oversimplification?

I don't know...

I do know that amongst some Christians, there seems to be a lot of effort judging others.

And there seems to be a lot of energy spent trying to convict others of their own sinfulness.


When Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was (amongst a Jewish religion that has a vast number of commandments) Jesus basically boiled it done to 4 words...


Love God, love others.


The longer I live, the more I see how tings work in this life, the longer I watch the lives of people, the more I think our job is to love.

No comments: