Tuesday, July 14, 2015

a light in a dark place

Life is seldom all sweetness & light.

David wrote this psalm regarding his time in the cave of Abdullah - not a good time in his live.

Someone may resonate with this psalm this morning.

I know it's pretty dark, but the last 5 words express hope & faith.

If someone is feel the same darkness this morning that David was feeling, remember the last 5 words are as true for all of us as they were for David.



Psalm 142

1
 I cry out to the LORD;

  I plead for the LORD's mercy.


2
 I pour out my complaints before him

  and tell him all my troubles.


3
 When I am overwhelmed,

  you alone know the way I should turn.


Wherever I go,


  my enemies have set traps for me.


4
 I look for someone to come and help me,

  but no one gives me a passing thought!


No one will help me;


  no one cares a bit what happens to me.


5
 Then I pray to you, O LORD.

  I say, "You are my place of refuge.


  You are all I really want in life.


6
 Hear my cry,

  for I am very low.


Rescue me from my persecutors,


  for they are too strong for me.


7
 Bring me out of prison

  so I can thank you.


The godly will crowd around me,


  for
you are good to me."

No comments: