Wednesday, July 15, 2015

a psalm speaking our language

Many of us go through dark days.

If that where you are, it may resonate with you to read this psalm of David.

Before I started reading through Psalms regularly, I had no idea there were psalms like this,

     psalms that speak the language of a soul that is in a very dark place.



Psalm 143

1
 Hear my prayer, O LORD;

  listen to my plea!

  Answer me because you are faithful and righteous.

2
 Don't put your servant on trial,

  for no one is innocent before you.

3
 My enemy has chased me.

  He has knocked me to the ground

  and forces me to live in darkness like those in the grave.

4
 I am losing all hope;

  I am paralyzed with fear.

5
 I remember the days of old.

  I ponder all your great works

  and think about what you have done.

6
 I lift my hands to you in prayer.

  I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.   


7 Come quickly, LORD, and answer me,

  for my depression deepens.

Don't turn away from me,

  or I will die.

8
 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,

  for I am trusting you.

Show me where to walk,

  for I give myself to you.

9
 Rescue me from my enemies, LORD;

  I run to you to hide me.

10
 Teach me to do your will,

  for you are my God.

May your gracious Spirit lead me forward

  on a firm footing.

11
 For the glory of your name, O LORD, preserve my life.

  Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.

12
 In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies

  and destroy all my foes,

  for I am your servant.


No comments: