Wednesday, July 22, 2015

golden years

for all who are right now senior adults in your "golden years"...

(who in the world came up with that term? Obviously someone who had never lived through their"golden years"!!!)

for all who are facing in the not too distant future those years of senior adulthood...

or for all who may be smart enough to realize that although they are young now, life is short, & the senior years of life come quickly...


Here's some words that I hope will not just be a sort of comfort & reassurance...

     I hope it will become one of the rocks to build a life on.

     something to hold on to when life throws all kinds of stuff at us.


I don't remember how or where I found these words, where I first came upon them.

But knowing them, & holding on to them, helps me to not lose my mind, some days.

I quoted 9 different translations - there's a little different take on each one - but they all come out saying the same.

     Some are a little more lyrical than other.

     Some are a little more blunt that others.

But they all bear out the same shining fact - the faithfulness of God.



Isaiah 46:4

And when you are old, I will still be there,


     carrying you.
       
When your limbs grow tired,

     your eyes are weak,

     and your hair a silvery gray,

     I will carry you

     as I always have.
       
I will carry you and save you.

(The Voice)


********


I will be your God throughout your lifetime;

     until your hair is white with age.

I made you,

     and I will care for you.
   
I will carry you along and save you.

(NLT)


********


Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he,

     I am he who will sustain you.

I have made you

     and I will carry you;
   
I will sustain you

     and I will rescue you.

(NIV)


********


and I will still be carrying you when you are old.

Your hair will turn gray,

     and I will still carry you.

I made you,

     and I will carry you to safety.

(ERV)


********


even to your old age I am he,

     and to gray hairs I will carry you.

I have made,

     and I will bear;
   
I will carry and will save.

(ESV)


********


And I’ll keep on carrying you when you’re old.

I’ll be there, bearing you when you’re old and gray.

I’ve done it and will keep on doing it,

     carrying you on my back,

     saving you.

(The Message)


********


Even to your old age I am He,

     and even to hair white with age will I carry you.

I have made,

     and I will bear;

yes, I will carry

     and will save you.

(Amplified)


********


Even to your old age, I am He,

And even to gray hairs I will carry you!

I have made,

     and I will bear;

Even I will carry,

     and will deliver you.

(NKJV)


********


Even to your old age I will be the same,

And even to your graying years I will bear you!

I have done it,

     and I will carry you;

And I will bear you

     and I will deliver you.

(NASB)

No comments: