Saturday, January 9, 2016

infinitely more

Ephesians 3

12 Because of Christ and our faith in him,

we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence.

14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, 15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.

16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.

17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.

Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong.

18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should,

how wide,

how long,

how high,

and how deep his love is.

19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.

Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

  20 Now all glory to God!

By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.



...infinitely more...”

...He is able to accomplish...”

...dare to ask or hope...”

By His mighty power...”

...within us...”

Those are phrases that stick out in that last sentence, verse 20.

The whole sentence is remarkable, stupendous...

one that people hang on to,

build their lives upon,

& trust in the face of seemingly insurmountable evidence or circumstances otherwise.


Maybe you, like me, need to hold on t it today.

Maybe we need to quit looking around us & believing what we see,

& believe in what we know see promised to us by God's power within us.

Maybe we need to believe in the “infinitely more” being done through us,

even though it's had to believe or see sometimes.

Maybe we just need to keep on, trusting in God who is doing more than we dare to ask for or hope for.

And maybe we need to rest in all of that.



I hope that these blogs I write have some help & connection for you.

All I do each morning is write about the things I read from the Bible that morning.

The longer I live, & the older I become, the more it seems that my life becomes more & more basic...

that much of the extraneous trappings of this life seem to fall away.

Maybe that is all a part of the aging process.

Anyway, I hope that you can get something from what I'm seeing & reading from the Bible on any given day.

I don't have any other agenda than that.

I'm not trying to be profound, or wise, or anything that vaunted or ridiculous.

I'm just sharing what comes to me.

Thanks for taking the time to read these blogs.

No comments: