Wednesday, January 27, 2016

worries & cares

Do things feel like life is a train wreck?

Does it feel like if it's not one thing, it's another?

Is life just a little too overwhelming?

Are there things, situations, people, or jobs that cause a deep, deep worry?

Does life feel more than just a little nuts?

Maybe this verse addresses some of that for anyone who feel besieged by life, overwhelmed by circumstances, or worried sick.

Maybe we each should take these words of Jesus seriously & depend on the truth He speaks here.

Maybe this is a verse than can give us something to hold on to, an anchor in a time of storm.


Now we have a choice here...

We can continue to carry our worries & cares, figuring that noe one else is help us.

Or we can choose to believe what Jesus says about what we can do in regards to the crazy things in our lives.



John 16:33b


Here on earth you will have many trials & sorrows. But take heart because I have overcome the world. (NLT)


In this world you will have troubles. But be brave! I have defeated the world! (ERV)


In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy]; I have overcome the world.” [My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.] (Amplified)

In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. (ESV)

You will find trouble in the world—but, never lose heart, I have conquered the world! (J B Phillips)

In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world. (The Message)

In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world. (NASB)

In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. (NIV)

In this world, you will be plagued with times of trouble, but you need not fear; I have triumphed over this corrupt world order. (The Voice)

No comments: