Wednesday, February 1, 2017

C'mere...

Matthew 11:28


The Jesus said, "Come to Me, all you who are weary & carry heavy burdens, & I will give you rest." (NLT)


Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] (Amplified)


Come to me all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry. I will give you rest. (ERV)


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (ESV)


Come to me, all of you who are weary and over-burdened, and I will give you rest! (J B Phillips)


Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. (The Message)


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (NIV)


Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.


All you who work hard! All you who carry heavy loads! Come to me! I will give you rest. (WE)



This is Jesus speaking here.


Every one of the translations / paraphrases listed on BibleGateway.com included those 3 words – “come to me”.


Think about it – the God of the universes is saying to each & every one of us...


Come here...”


No matter who we are, or what we've done, Jesus is saying the same thing...


Come here...”


Or maybe it's more like “C'mere” - a more intimate phrasing...


How needs to hear that, & do that, right now, besides me?

No comments: