Thursday, February 16, 2017

don't be afraid

Isaiah 41
10 Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
  Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.



Deuteronomy 31
8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.



Luke 8
50 But when Jesus heard what had happened, he said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid. Just trust me.”



It is interesting to me that these 3 verses that I feel like God gave me to hold on to this year all have the same thing in them...


Don't be afraid...”


This year, I also feel like God gave me all of Psalm 37 to hold on to – He's never given me a whole psalm before. And a big chunk of it talks about how we should worry about the wicked – they will come to naught, & how the godly will be taken care of.



Do you think He may be trying to tell me something?


I don't know think it means I'll be immune to difficulty.

But I do think it means He's gonna take care of me, no matter what happens.

And remember that God is very creative – what He considers “taking care of me” to be has a MUCH wider spectrum than what I have.



Maybe these verses apply to you & your life, too?

No comments: