Friday, February 3, 2017

yeast

Matthew 13

33 Jesus also used this illustration:


The Kingdom of Heaven is like yeast used by a woman making bread.


Even though she used a large amount of flour, the yeast permeated every part of the dough.”



I have often wondered if what Jesus was saying there was that yeast by it's very nature affected the totality of whatever into which it has been placed.


And that we, His followers, should be the same as yeast, affecting whatever & whoever we are placed around.


But our influence shouldn't be a conscious “let's go out & be a massive influence” kind of thing.


Wouldn't it be closer to the truth that what Jesus was saying was that we should simply be & do who & what we are in Him, & that the Holy Spirit living in us & through us will influence, permeate, & affect people & things?


The older I get, the more I see that it seems my strongest influence doesn't come from me trying to intentionally affect things & people.


It comes from me going about my life as a follower of Jesus & keeping out of the way of the Holy Spirit working through me in spite of me.


Just a thought...

No comments: