Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Phil. 4

Paul wrote the followers of Jesus in Philippi a sweet & challenging letter.

The fourth chapter has some really strong words – words we can anchor ourselves to.

Here's the ones that really stand out for me...



Philippians 4

  4 Always be full of joy in the Lord.

I say it again—rejoice!

5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do.



  6 Don't worry about anything;

instead, pray about everything.

Tell God what you need,

and thank him for all he has done.

7 Then you will experience God's peace,

which exceeds anything we can understand.

His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.



  8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing.

Fix your thoughts on what is true,

and honorable,

and right,

and pure,

and lovely,

and admirable.

Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.


11b I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.



19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.


But this verse stands out more than the others for me.

Maybe it's a verse I need to claim for especially this season of my life.

Here's how more than one translation / paraphrase presents it...


verse 13 


For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me the strength I need. (NLT, 1st edition)


I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency] (Amplified)


Christ is the one who gives me the strength I need to do whatever I must do. (ERV)


I am ready for anything through the strength of the one who lives within me. (J B Phillips)


Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. (The Message)


I can be content in any and every situation through the Anointed One who is my power and strength. (The Voice)

No comments: