Sunday, May 21, 2017

rest

Here's something for all who read this whose life has become a heavy, heavy burden.

I know this psalm is read a lot at funerals – try to get past that.

I've always thought it was a psalm for the living, not the dead.



Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd;
  I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.

3   He renews my strength.

He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.
4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.

Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.

5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.

You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
  My cup overflows with blessings.
6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments: