Thursday, June 29, 2017

3 & 1

These are the passages I feel Gd has given me to hold on to through 2017...



Don't be afraid, for I am with you.

Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you.

I will help you.

I will uphold you with My victorious hand.

Isaiah 41:10



Don't be afraid or discouraged,

for the Lord is the One who goes before you.

He will be with you.

He will neither fail you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:8



Psalm 37

(I'll give you just the first verse – God gave me the whole psalm to hold on to.)

1 Don't worry about the wicked or envy those who do wrong.



Don't be afraid. Just trust Me.” Luke 8:50b Jesus is speaking to Jairus.



I think it was late February or maybe the beginning of March before I noticed something about these passages God gave me...


3 of them start with the words “Don't be afraid...” & 1 starts with “Don't worry...”.


And I can't tell you how many times I've had to remind myself since then “don't be afraid” & “don't worry”.


Those seem to be the 2 power statements this year – don't be afraid – don't worry.


In my life, whenever I have a grouping of scripture about something, or in regards to something, & look for repeated messages, repeated words – they're usually important to what God has to say.


3 times He says “don't be afraid” & 1 times He says “don't worry”.


So am I not afraid? Do I worry less?


Well...


Let's just say that I'm working on it...



I'm married to someone with the spiritual give of faith. In the 35 years we've been married I've watched Lynn not worry about things & not be afraid – she simply trusts God with everything.


And as she walks through Alzheimer's, I still see that gift of faith as strong as ever in her.


Why am I afraid or worry? Why do so many of us?


Because we simply don't completely trust God to come through for us?


When we all know better?


For me, it is a conscious effort in that I remind myself of the 3 times God said “don't be afraid” & the 1 time He said “don't worry”.


That doesn't mean my trust is flawless.


But it is better, I think.


So, maybe you could try believing a little bit with me. Maybe if we believed together, our fear would lessen, along with our worry?

No comments: