Wednesday, June 14, 2017

keep on

This is Jesus talking here...



Luke 11

5 Then, teaching them more about prayer, (Jesus) used this story:

"Suppose you went to a friend's house at midnight, wanting to borrow three loaves of bread.

You say to him,

6 'A friend of mine has just arrived for a visit, and I have nothing for him to eat.

'7 And suppose he calls out from his bedroom,

'Don't bother me.

The door is locked for the night,

and my family and I are all in bed.

I can't help you.'

8 But I tell you this:

though he won't do it for friendship's sake,

if you keep knocking long enough,

he will get up and give you whatever you need because of your shameless persistence.


  9 "And so I tell you,

keep on asking,

and you will receive what you ask for.

Keep on seeking,

and you will find.

Keep on knocking,

and the door will be opened to you.


10 For everyone who asks,

receives.

Everyone who seeks,

finds.

And to everyone who knocks,

the door will be opened.

  11 "You fathers—if your children ask for a fish, do you give them a snake instead?

12 Or if they ask for an egg, do you give them a scorpion?

Of course not!

13 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children,

how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him."



I think the operative words in this passage are “keep on”.

I think Jesus tells us to not give up, to continue moving forward, to not lose hope.

How can we apply to our life Jesus' reassurance to “keep on” & not give up?

In what area or areas of our life do we need to hold on to Jesus' encouragement to “keep on”?

What relationships, what hopes & dreams, what hard thing to deal with, or whatever you can name, do we need to trust this mandate from Jesus & just “keep on” & not give up?


Think about it... I think you know what are the things you need to “keep on” with.

I know I do...

No comments: