Monday, June 12, 2017

a few verses

Here's some verses that stuck out in the first chapter of Paul's second letter to his adopted son, Timothy.

This was also Paul's last letter to Timothy - & Paul knows he will die soon.

II too have a few sons I've “come by” ;-)

I've always thought in that situation, a father wouldn't mince words with his sons, but be speaking plainly about things he felt strongly about.



2 Timothy 1


7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.


9 For God saved us and called us to live a holy life.

He did this, not because we deserved it,

but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time;

to show us his grace through Christ Jesus.

10 And now he has made all of this plain to us by the appearing of Christ Jesus, our Savior.

He broke the power of death

and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the Good News.


* * * * * * * * * * * * *

And here's a towering statement in that chapter by Paul...


2 Timothy 1:12b 

I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return. (NLT)


For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day. (KJ21)


I know Him [and I am personally acquainted with Him] whom I have believed [with absolute trust and confidence in Him and in the truth of His deity], and I am persuaded [beyond any doubt] that He is able to guard that which I have entrusted to Him until that day [when I stand before Him]. (Amplified)


I know the one I have put my trust in. And I am sure that he is able to protect what I have put into his care until that Day. (ERV)


I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that day what has been entrusted to me. (ESV)


I know the one in whom I have placed my confidence, and I am perfectly certain that the work he has committed to me is safe in his hands until that day. (J B Phillips)


I couldn’t be more sure of my ground—the One I’ve trusted in can take care of what he’s trusted me to do right to the end. (The Message)


I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day. (NIV)


I know Him and I have put my trust in Him. And I am fully certain that He has the ability to protect what I have placed in His care until that day. (The Voice)

No comments: