Saturday, March 9, 2019

please

Don't throw away this confident trust in the Lord,

no matter what happens.

Remember the great reward it brings you.

Patient endurance is what you need now,

so you will continue to do God's will.

Then you will receive all that He has promised.

Hebrews 10:35-36 (NLT, 1st ed.)



I sometimes write in the margin of my Bible the date when God pokes me with a verse or a passage.

Maybe the first time He poked me with these 2 verses was May 7, 2006.

He has used the words in these 2 verses reminded me over & over again through the years.

It was 2 verses to hold on to for the year in 2014.

He evidently spoke strongly through it again on June 28, 2017.

it was a passage to hold on to for 2018, & again for this year, 2019.

These 2 verses wouldn't be used of God as much if I didn't read the Bible every day without fail (RTBEDWF) - the more I read it the more He uses it in my life.



Here are parts of it that stick out at different times over the last 13 years...

"Don't throw away this confident trust" - iow, don't give up.

"no matter what happens" - God knew there would be & will always be things that the devil will poke me in the eye about, stuff he will use to discourage & defeat me with.

"patient endurance is what you need now" - God kicks my butt a lot what that phrase, reminding me just shut up & keep on...


It's been 13 years since these 2 verses came into my conscious thought.

Over & over again God has used it to keep me on track, 

encouraged me to keep on, 

reminded me that He knows that sometimes when the manure hits the fan the hardest I need to continue to walk in faith,

& probably hundreds of other ways He's used it.


His word has power,

influence,

comfort.

That's why I will always say, for eternity,

read it,

every day,

without fail.

(RTBEDWF)

This isn't just something I acknowledge,

it's something I live, every day.

Sometimes, a LOT of the time, the things I read every day are the only things that are holding me together.

Don't be as stupid as I was, not starting to read the Bible every day until I was 52 1/2 years old.

Start today.

please.

No comments: