Monday, March 9, 2009

shielding

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger.
I trust in Him with all my heart.
He helps me, & my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

For some reason, I've been getting verses lately about how God is a shield for me, how He's taking care of stuff, looking out for me.

Either something's coming, or there's a whole lot of stuff goin' on that I don't know about or see. I think it may be a combination of both.

There's a lot of stuff happening all around me, particularly in regards to downtown. There's stuff up ahead I don't know about that's coming, b/c God is very creative & likes to show out, so, I know He's gonna show Himself again b/c He's shown Himself so far.

I'm also aware that the devil is not pleased with the stuff that's happened so far downtown. He's pretty clever & wiley, so I figure he's gonna thrown some more opposition our way.

But one of the things God continues to impress on me is that He's in charge downtown. I'm serving Him, not the other way around. He's in charge & will tell me what to do. He's also in charge of what happens, what successes occur, how many people show up, what fruit we bear. I'm workin' for Him. I just have to listen out for instructions, & then walk in that direction.

I can't tell you how gently quiet it makes my spirit to know that I'm just on this journey of downtown with Him in charge. You see, in much of what I've done over the past few decades, I've been "large & in charge" - ya know what I mean? Not so in this part of the journey. I'm listening out for instructions. This whole downtown thing was His idea. He knows what He's doing. I'm here to follow Him.

I guess we'll never know what my life would have been if I'd been less "large & in charge" & more of a servant.

Don't be like me. Switch to the servant role. It's a whole lot better than being "large & in charge."

I love you

No comments: