Friday, March 6, 2009

some things from this morning

Sometimes, in the momings when I get up to read & be alone with God (I still find that statement incredible - "& be alone with God"), He'll bring different things up off the page.

In Psalm 25 here's what came up off he page...

vs 3 No one who trusts in You will ever be disgraced.
Hmmm - does that mean I may be faced with a situation where an attempt is may to disgrace me, make me look silly, or embarrass me?

vs 4 Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord;
Point out the right road for me to follow.
vs 5 Lead me by Your truth & teach me,
for You are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in You.

That's good to hang on to, especially as we walk toward whatever it is He has for us at The Warehouse. I'm really depending on Him to show me the way.

Then I was reading in Acts 4, where Peter & John call upo the name of Jesus to heal a man who had been lame for 40 years. They were arrested & taken before the high councel.

vs 13
The members of the councel were amazed when tey saw the boldness of Peter & John, for they could see that Peter & John were ordinary men who had had no special training. They also recognized that Peter & John as men who had been with Jesus.
It kinda makes you wonder what each of us is capable of if we just spent more time with Jesus. Peter & John were ordinary men - fisherman were not at the top of the socio-economic ladder. And yet, they spoke with authority & strength. God had embued them with gifting necessary for the life He had for them.
I certainly feel my ordinary-ness these days, as we walk into whatever God has for The Warehouse. Whatever happens down there, we'll be able to clearly say it was because of God & not because of any extreme cleverness on my part. I'm literally walking from day to day, taking whatever instruction I can hear from God as to what to do now or next.
Maybe that's the way God wants us to live - basically, just listening out for Him.

I don't know if any of this is for anyone but me. The incredible thing is that each morning when I get up to read & listen out for Him, He comes through. I can't encourage you more to start getting up a little earlier each day to spend time with the God of the universes. He's waiting for you & misses you.

No comments: