Friday, July 3, 2009

3 verses

I can't remember how many times I've shared with individuals those 3 verses I talked about yesterday.

Just yesterday, I shared them in the JCup with a man that I know. Right there in the cafe, with people moving all around us.

So, whoopee me?

No...

One of the benefits of reading every day in the Bible is that it gives you something to give to other people when they need it the most.

Hey, if the Bible speaks to me, maybe it will speeak to others, too.

I hadn't gone to the JCup to do a round of "witnessing" to fill that square of obligations to God & expectations of my job. I was just sharing with this guy from where I live.

That's all people want to hear from us - not what we know, but what we've experienced of the truth in our own lives.

One of the top 3 or 4 greatest things I've ever done is read the Bible everyday. And probably yhe dumbest thing I've ever done is not do it until I was 52 1/2 to do it!!!

Don't be as stupid as I was.

No comments: