Wednesday, July 1, 2009

the scope of our lives

Psalm 139: 16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.


Now, before you think I believe in predestination, I don't.

God doesn't operate in time - we do. We can't imagine what that's life. God just is.

He sees the beginning of our lives, the middle, & the end. He knows how it's all gonna turn out.

He knows everything about us - iow, the BIG picture.

He's not up there in heaven, choosing to send one of us to hell & the other to heaven. We make that choice, not Him.

He's not up puppeteering our lives. He's perpetually guiding & influencing us, but we still have the choice to follow or not.

I guess the bottom line for me is that I know God sees the BIG picture of my life & is gonna be faithful.

(Hope this wasn't theologically too weak for those of you with that predilection ;-)

No comments: