Wednesday, July 15, 2009

#4

Colossians 2: 7 Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him, so you will grow strong in faith, strong & vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done.

I've been living with this verse as one of 4 verses God gave me back in November/December 2007 for this season of my life in 2008 & 2009 - & who knows, maybe beyond those 2 years.

The stakes are high in the places He has sent me & in the person He's calling me to become. If I don't sink my roots deep into His Word (iow, the Bible) & spend time listening for His voice & direction, I'm gonna mess things up.

And, interestingly enough, as I sink my roots deeper into Him, it becomes easier to let my life overflow with thanksgiving, because I have SO MANY reasons to be thankful.

No comments: