Tuesday, August 18, 2009

direction & following

Psalm 5:8 Lead me in the right path, O LORD,
or my enemies will conquer me.
Make your way plain for me to follow.


It's interesting the stuff that's come up off the page recently. I've been reading in 1 Samuel & Acts, but I just also finished Proverbs.

It seems that in those last few chapters of Proverbs, the verses that came up off the page were all about how we can do our stuff, make our plans, take action on things, but God's the one who makes it all happen.

God just seems to be simply encouraging me to continue in the direction I'm going. That in the final analysis, my job is to keep walking, & His job is to make things happen - not the other way around.

I spent decades as a music minister making things happen. It's an interesting & pretty wonderful thing to simply walk in the direction He's pointing & letting Him make whatever is supposed to happen occur.

All I ask of Him is that He keep me on track.

No comments: