Sunday, August 30, 2009

He delights in me

Psalm 18:1 I love you, LORD;
you are my strength.
2 The L
ORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.
3 I called on the L
ORD, who is worthy of praise,
and he saved me from my enemies.

16 He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemies,
from those who hated me and were too strong for me.

19 He led me to a place of safety
he rescued me because he delights in me.
20 The L
ORD rewarded me for doing right;

21 For I have kept the ways of the L
ORD;
I have not turned from my God to follow evil.
22 For all his laws are constantly before me;

24 The L
ORD rewarded me for doing right.

27 You rescue those who are humble,
but you humiliate the proud.
28 You light a lamp for me.
The L
ORD, my God, lights up my darkness.

30 God's way is perfect.
All the L
ORD's promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
31 For who is God except the L
ORD?
Who but our God is a solid rock?
32 God arms me with strength,
and he makes my way perfect.
33 He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
enabling me to stand on mountain heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
35 You have given me your shield of victory.
Your right hand supports me;
your help has made me great.
36 You have made a wide path for my feet
to keep them from slipping.

46 The L
ORD lives! Praise to my Rock!

48 You hold me safe beyond the reach of my enemies;

No comments: