Sunday, August 9, 2009

scripture

Romans 16:25a God is able to make you strong.

Ya just never know how memorizing a short scripture like this can mean so much. Recently, I memorized 2 Thessalonians 1:11 Our God will make you worthy of the life to which He called you.

About a month later, LeAnn Nichols came with a full band of great musicians & worship leaders to the House of Grace. That same night, Ken Land, our campus pastor in Cochran, came to speak.

Obviously, it was a night of superlatives. At the close of the service, I'm standing over on the Poplar St side of the room, wondering how a ordinary guy like me is gonna close a service filled with extraordinary people that God chooses on a regular basis to use in extraordinary ways.

Standing there in that moment of worrying, God dropped the thought into my head - Our God will make you worthy of the life to which he called you. So, I walked over & closed the service, saying things that were pretty good & actually made sense. I knew when I was doing it that it was God speaking through me, because I'm not that good on my own! ;-)

That is one of many, many, many times that God will drop a scripture into my head that's just the thing I need to hear. I'm so thankful that over 2 years ago Pastor John had the staff start memorizing a scripture verse each week.I wouldn't be where I am today if he hadn't.

So?

Tuck scriptures away in your mind. God will use them in the most surprising times & ways

No comments: