Friday, November 27, 2009

stregth thru weakness

2 Corinthians 12: 7b So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time He said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


It makes sense to abandon ourselves so much to God that He is able to move us into areas that are "out of our depth" or put us "in over our head."

In so doing, we HAVE to totally depend on God to make things happen in our lives, & keeps us from getting prideful & arrogant about how we "get things done" with our "God-given abilities."

I've been living this particularly with the establishing of Christ Chapel's presence in downtown Macon. I'm totally dependent on God to make things happen downtown because I'm R
EALLY in over my head with all this.

God's gonna have to pull this one off. I'll be who I am (well, actually who He created me to be), do what I do, but God's the One who's favor makes things happen.

It's kinda nice to be in this position - I'm just responsible for being who I am - God's responsible for the results.

I like that.

I shoulda done this decades ago.

No comments: