Saturday, February 26, 2011

promises

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that He should lie.
   He is not a human, that He should change His mind.
Has He ever spoken & failed to act?
   Has He ever promised & not carried through?

Psalm 12:8 The Lord's promises are pure, like silver refined in the furnace, purified seven times over.


Whenever I'm reading in the mornings & I see similarities in what I'm reading, I listen up. I read something in the Old Testament, Psalms (me & Billy Graham), & the New Testament. I don't try to coordinate them. I read sequentially in the OT & Psalms - as in book to book, psalm to psalm. In the New Testament, I ask where I'm supposed to go next when I finish a book. Right now I'm reading sequentially through the Gospels

So, when I saw "promises" twice, I pricked up my ears to see what promise(s) I'm supposed to count on from God.

It seems these are the promises. The first one came from this morning's reading in the gospel of Mark. The other is one of the 5 passages He gave me in 2010 to hold on to through this season of change & relocation.


Mark 10:29 "Yes," Jesus replied, "and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News,30 will receive now in return a hundred times as many houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life.31 But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.*"

Isaiah 41:9b For I have chosen you & will not throw you away.
10 Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
   Don't be dismayed, for I am your God.
   I will strengthen you.
   I will help you.
   I will uphold you with My victorious right hand.


You may say that this is all a coincidence.

Possibly.

But in the 8 years I've been getting up early & reading the Bible & listening, the coincidences happen more & more frequently, at the right times.

I don't know if this is for someone out there, or what. I just wanted to record what's going on with me. If that helps you - great!

No comments: