Wednesday, February 23, 2011

trust

Psalm 9:10 Those who know your name trust in You,
   for You, O Lord, have never abandoned anyone who searches for You.


Trust (from dictionary.com)
1. reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
2. confident expectation of something; hope.
3. confidence in the certainty of future payment for property or goods received; credit: to sell merchandise on trust.
4. a person on whom or thing on which one relies: God is my trust.
5. the condition of one to whom something has been entrusted.
6. the obligation or responsibility imposed on a person in whom confidence or authority is placed: a position of trust.
7. charge, custody, or care: to leave valuables in someone's trust.
8. something committed or entrusted to one's care for use or safekeeping, as an office, duty, or the like; responsibility; charge.


I often wonder if we (I) really trust God - if we (I) really believe He's gonna come through for us.

Or if we (I) in truth believe more in "God helps those who help themselves."

Yes, I know all the laziness arguments about sitting back & waiting for God to bring something or someone in on a silver platter.

But many times, God really simply wants us to believe & trust Him, and then get out of the way & let Him make things happen - iow, all He wants sometimes is for us to watch Him work.

Think about it, & tell me what you think - please, no glib spiritual cliches or slogans - tell me your thinking from specific things you've experienced.

No comments: