Saturday, February 12, 2011

trusting

Proverbs 29:25 Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but to trust the Lord means safety.

How many of us REALLY trust the Lord?

Or how many of us trust in the statement "God helps those who help themselves"? (which is NOT in the BIble!)

How many of us think God may lead us to be or do something, but it's up to us to make it happen?

And how long will it take us to finally absorb the reality that it's not our job to make things happen, it's our job to stay out of the way so God (who delights in this role) can make things happen?

I've been a "make things happen" kind of guy for decades.

In the last 10 years I've been making a shift to letting things happen, in His power & timing.

Is it easy?

Nope.

Is it easy now in this season right now?

Uhm... nope.

I just have to hold on to the fact that IF I'm where I'm supposed to be, being who I'm supposed to be, learning the lessons I'm supposed to learn, doing what I'm supposed to do, then God's gonna make things happen, in His timing & in His manner.

When we get to the other side of this season, it will be interesting to see how He made things unfold.

No comments: