Thursday, November 3, 2011

following

Mark 1:16 One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living. 17 Jesus called out to them, "Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!" 18 And they left their nets at once and followed him.

  19 A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee's sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets. 20 He called them at once, and they also followed him, leaving their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired men.


These guys quit what they were doing & followed Jesus.

Did they know what they were getting into?

No.

Did they probably have a lot of questions?

Yes.

I'm sure they wondered a lot of times what in the world they'd gotten themselves into.

I'm sure there were times they thought Jesus was crazy.

I'm sure some of the miracles He pulled off made their hair stand on end.

I know they were scared of what the leaders in the Jewish community would do to Him, & them, when Jesus would speak harshly to the leaders.


But the important thing about the disciples is that no matter what they faced, they still followed.


Will somebody please remind me of this often?

No comments: