Friday, November 18, 2011

when things are tough

Psalm 94:16 Who will protect me...?
  Who will stand up for me...?
17 Unless the LORD had helped me,
  I would soon have died.
18 I cried out, "I am slipping!"
  but Your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me.
19 When doubts filled my mind,
  Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

I remember when I underlined that passage. It was during a VERY dark time in my life - a time when I really didn't know what was coming next.

I smile now when I think back to then, because I know what came next - some of the finest, if not the finest days of my life, so far.

When things are tough, it's hard to see past them. Little did I know then what my life would be like very soon. I just kept moving forward, mostly because I had no other viable choice. ;-)

Will you remind me of these verses every once in a while? I need to remember.



Mark 16:15 And then he told them, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.16 Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved.

vs 20 And the disciples went everywhere and preached, and the Lord worked through them, confirming what they said by many miraculous signs.

The operative word in these two verses is "go"


I wonder what it means to have been reminded what my life was like when I underlined those first verses & what it became soon after that & then to have the verses in Mark come up off the page the same day?

No comments: