Saturday, November 12, 2011

who ya lookin' at

Mark 10:13 One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.
 14 When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it." 16 Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them.


One day at combined staff meeting, my son, Kevin, who was sitting beside me, was looking through some of the pics on his computer.

Later on in the day, he shared this - I think it explains the kind of faith Jesus was talking about...


"I was looking at some pictures of me & my son, Trey, together. (dan note: Trey's a preschooler) In every one of the pictures, Trey is looking at me.

"He's not looking around,
     he's not looking at where we're going,
          he's doesn't care how long it takes to get there,
               he doesn't care where he's going,
                    he doesn't care what all we will go through getting there.

"All he cares about is that he's with me.

"I wanna be like that again."


yeah...

No comments: