Wednesday, December 14, 2011

peeps

Psalm 120
1 I took my troubles to the LORD;
  I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.
2 Rescue me, O LORD, from liars
  and from all deceitful people.
3 O deceptive tongue, what will God do to you?
  How will he increase your punishment?
4 You will be pierced with sharp arrows
  and burned with glowing coals.

This passage is for someone today - don't know who.

*******************

John 2:23 Because of the miraculous signs Jesus did in Jerusalem at the Passover celebration, many began to trust in him. 24 But Jesus didn't trust them, because he knew human nature. 25 No one needed to tell him what mankind is really like.

I know this makes Jesus sound harsh, but He simply knew everyone's heart & knew how sinful, self-absorbed, & faithless people were, and are.

These verses don't suggest that Jesus didn't trust people, & that we shouldn't trust them either. What I do think it means is that we, like Jesus, should just understand who & what we're working with when we relate & connect with people.

People, including you & me, will always let each other down. In the final analysis, the only person who completely faithful, always, & who we can completely trust, in all things, is God.

How many times have you or I seen or known people, or have at times ourselves, trusted people more than we should have - trusted them as much, or more, than we should trust only one person - God?

No comments: