Sunday, January 22, 2012

work assigned

Acts 20:24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus - the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.


Ministry isn't something we do.

Ministry is something we are.

So many people I know don't minister, or don't think they can minister, unless they're in some position at some church or organization.

If we are called to minister, it will just come out of us, whether we in a position or not.

It's something that compels us.

It's something for which we must find expression in our life because it's the very essence of who we are.

And even though we ay not see it until we get to heaven, the ripple effect of God loving & caring through us in ministering to others is eternal.

I wish I could be more articulate, but after Lynn's flight from Kenya FINALLY got there, we didn't get back from the Atlanta airport until late & we didn't get to sleep until after midnight, so I'm a little sleep (well, actually, I feel a little frayed around the edges!)

No comments: