Sunday, January 1, 2012

day one of 2012

Psalm 138:2b I will give thanks to Your name
   for You unfailing love & faithfulness,
because Your promises are backed
   by the honor of Your name.

3b You encourage me by giving me the strength I need.

8 The Lord will work out His plans for my life.


Isn't it ironic that I was slated to read this psalm in my sequential reading of Psalms on this 1st day of the new year. In the 9 years I've been getting up early to read, listen out for what He may have to say, & write some of it down, I have found that such things as my "happening" to read Psalm 137 on the 1st day of the new year is not merely a coincidence.

What does it mean?

Clueless.

What are some of His "promises" mentioned in verse 2? Read the verses at the end of my blog from yesterday.

Just sayin'...

********************

John 20:21b As the Father has sent Me, so I send you.

My Life Application Bible says this about that familiar verse...

"Whatever God has you to do, remember:
     1) Your authority come from God,
     2) Jesus has demonstrated by words & actions how to accomplish the job He has given you.
"As the Father sent Jesus, Jesus sends His followers... & you."

Another coincidence? Hmmmmm... I don't think so.

No comments: